NASCIO Award winner for Cross-Boundary Collaboration and Partnerships -- NJBDA
Recent News and Events
- NJBDA welcomes new members, New Jersey City University, William Paterson University, and Seton Hall University!
- On January 18, 2017 the New Jersey Big Data Alliance announced in a press release that The College of New Jersey and NJEDge.Net have joined the Alliance. Read the full release here.
- "NJBIA: Evaluating New Jersey's Cyber Infrastructure for Big Data and Beyond - NJBIA reported that the Assembly Telecommunications and Utilities Committee on September 8 would consider a bill that would encourage improvements in the state's infrastructure for big data and help grow the information technology industry. Specifically, New Jersey would create a cyberinfrastructure strategic plan through a public- private- partnership between the NJ Office of Information Technology and NJ Big Data Alliance and coordinated by the Rutgers Discovery Informatics Institute" (text courtesy of Innovation New Jersey). Read more about this initiative here.
- The 4th Annual NJBDA Symposium took place at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) on March 16, 2017. The NJBDA’s fourth Annual Symposium, Big Data Connects, delved into the ways in which Big Data has become integral across numerous sectors, and how it is transforming day-to-day life. The event was held at New Jersey Institute of Technology on March 16th as we learned more and networked with industry, government and academic visionaries working in this exciting new space. Visit our Events page for more information
- The NJBDA was recently a proud sponsor of the 2016 IT Connect Expo, the largest IT expo in New Jersey. The event was held at the Garden State Exhibit Center on September 9 & 10th, 2016. Click here to learn more.
What We Do
The NJBDA, as well as its member organizations, regularly host meetings, symposiums, and workshops, as well as participate as speakers, panelists, and sponsors at data events around the state. Learn more about our events and where to connect with the NJBDA here.
The NJBDA is focused on identifying areas of synergy, developing joint programs, providing access to advanced computation resources, increasing research competitiveness and driving economic development in New Jersey. Read more about our current and planned initiatives here.
Membership in the NJBDA is open to any higher education institution, business, government entity or non-profit in New Jersey and offers a variety of opportunities and benefits. From finding expertise in data analytics to partnering on new curriculum to accessing the latest technologies in advanced computation, the NJBDA has something for you. Learn more about our membership options here.